+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    sydler

Default 17% of this thread is garbage, the rest just sucks

Code:
      Table A-12.  Alternative measures of labor underutilization

(Percent)

Not seasonally adjusted                   Seasonally adjusted                 

Measure                                                                                                         

Sept.    Aug.     Sept.    Sept.    May      June     July     Aug.     Sept. 
                                                                2008     2009     2009     2008     2009     2009     2009     2009     2009  

U-1 Persons unemployed 15 weeks or longer, as a percent                                                                                 
           of the civilian labor force.......................    2.3      4.9      5.3      2.4      4.5      5.1      5.1      5.1      5.4  

U-2 Job losers and persons who completed temporary                                                                                      
           jobs, as a percent of the civilian labor force....    3.0      6.0      6.0      3.5      6.2      6.2      6.2      6.4      6.8  

U-3 Total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian                                                                                      
           labor force (official unemployment rate)..........    6.0      9.6      9.5      6.2      9.4      9.5      9.4      9.7      9.8  

U-4 Total unemployed plus discouraged workers, as a                                                                                     
           percent of the civilian labor force plus                                                                                           
           discouraged workers...............................    6.2     10.0      9.9      6.5      9.8     10.0      9.8     10.1     10.2  

U-5 Total unemployed, plus discouraged workers, plus                                                                                    
           all other marginally attached workers, as a                                                                                        
           percent of the civilian labor force plus all                                                                                       
           marginally attached workers.......................    6.9     10.9     10.8      7.2     10.6     10.8     10.7     11.0     11.1  

U-6 Total unemployed, plus all marginally attached                                                                                      
           workers, plus total employed part time for                                                                                         
           economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian                                                                                     
           labor force plus all marginally attached workers..   10.6     16.5     16.1     11.2     16.4     16.5     16.3     16.8     17.0
    so when you all go slamming Obama you have the right numbers since 9.8% is horse shit
    Last edited by Juice Cunt; 10-02-2009 at 04:45 PM.

I blow Goat for fun styckx is an unfunny cunt styckx is an unfunny cunt styckx's Avatar

Politics in Freddys Fun House?

Oh boy
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPeach View Post
    Only a dumb ass goes to war without any soldiers.

sydler

we've had politics in here, besides this isn't politics discussion its 24 million people out of jobs/looking for a better job because of incompetency

I'm only an LL away from Bill BostonIdol is a name known to all and that name is stud muffin BostonIdol is a name known to all and that name is stud muffin BostonIdol is a name known to all and that name is stud muffin BostonIdol is a name known to all and that name is stud muffin BostonIdol is a name known to all and that name is stud muffin BostonIdol is a name known to all and that name is stud muffin

The big scam is the fact that they don't report "discouraged" workers - or those who have just given up on looking. So if enough people say "fuck it" to the job market, the government gets to report decreasing unemployment numbers.

Plum Nuts Sink has disabled reputation Sink's Avatar

If you really want to work you can find it, the ones who don't get jobs think they are above manual labor.

I know of 3 shipyards in the gulf south building deepwater drilling rigs for the Gulf of Mexico and they have a labor shortage of welders, pipefitters and electricians so they are bringing in eastern euro block people to help with the construction of these billion dollar projects. At some point along the way, the US work force lost its ability to use our hands for work.
    Quote Originally Posted by That Freddy View Post
    PS: Your cunt is in the
    sink.

I'm only an LL away from Bill BostonIdol is a name known to all and that name is stud muffin BostonIdol is a name known to all and that name is stud muffin BostonIdol is a name known to all and that name is stud muffin BostonIdol is a name known to all and that name is stud muffin BostonIdol is a name known to all and that name is stud muffin BostonIdol is a name known to all and that name is stud muffin

Not that I disagree with your general point, but those are skilled jobs that most people just aren't qualified for.

For some reason we look down on trade schools (to learn those types of jobs) as beneath us, when in reality they're just about the only place you can go to gain marketable skills for a job. I'm not sure why going to college and graduating with a degree in Art History so you can struggle to find work as a secretary at an office somewhere or stick with your hourly retail gig is somehow more noble than either going to trade school and learning how to do a blue collar job (or skipping all that and being an apprentice).

I blow Goat for fun Ole Bull Nuts gives me half a rod Ole Bull Nuts's Avatar

OF COURSE folks of Syd's ilk look down on working folk. Gods and Clods. The Left hate working people who aren't union stooges.

sydler

Quote Originally Posted by BostonIdol View Post
    Not that I disagree with your general point, but those are skilled jobs that most people just aren't qualified for.

For some reason we look down on trade schools (to learn those types of jobs) as beneath us, when in reality they're just about the only place you can go to gain marketable skills for a job. I'm not sure why going to college and graduating with a degree in Art History so you can struggle to find work as a secretary at an office somewhere or stick with your hourly retail gig is somehow more noble than either going to trade school and learning how to do a blue collar job (or skipping all that and being an apprentice).
    People look down on trade schools because they're usually for unionized jobs. Liberal Arts degrees are the worst around in my opinion but I guess they serve a purpose in allowing the trust fund kids some paper and the starry-eyed change the world chumps the same.

and OBN, I'd rather more people go to trade school and pick up blue collar skills than white collar skills. The more people producing wealth instead of doing nothing of note (service industry employees) the better America is.

I blow Goat for fun Ole Bull Nuts gives me half a rod Ole Bull Nuts's Avatar

Wow Syd, good on ya brother. There is too much of a stigma for the trades, not everyone needs to or should go to college. You aren't as far gone as I thought.

WAAAAA I want to set my own user title WAAAAAAAAAA blacknoi gives me half a rod blacknoi's Avatar

I knew people that were above a "McJob" because they said unemployment was paying them more than that kind of job would. Fine, I get that.

Now they lost their unemployment and still refuse to consider a fast food job. I can't figure that math out. $7.00/hour (or whatever they'll pay you) is better than $0.00/hour right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Bull Nuts View Post
    Wow Syd, good on ya brother. There is too much of a stigma for the trades, not everyone needs to or should go to college. You aren't as far gone as I thought.
    I would actually like to see colleges take more of a trade school approach to learning. Minimize gen. ed. requirements, and maximize classes aimed at placing students. Focus on developing career skills, not on the global citizenship crap we make students learn now. Time spent on education is a zero-sum game, and every minute spent in a class on interdisciplinary feminist thought is a minute not spent in class learning how to be better at what you're ostensibly there to learn.

sydler

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. There's nobility in higher learning but you can't force it on the unwilling or incapable. Besides, it's almost a law of nature that the older someone gets the more they care about culture. Give people bitchin' training so that they can have more time off when they do get older and let them culture up then.

Deeper_Throat

You can lead a whore to Vassar, but you can't make her think.

(- - Dorothy Parker)

eat. my. shit. Juice Cunt is just really a ruthless motherfucker Juice Cunt is just really a ruthless motherfucker Juice Cunt is just really a ruthless motherfucker Juice Cunt is just really a ruthless motherfucker Juice Cunt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deeper_Throat View Post
    You can lead a whore to Vassar, but you can't make her think.

(- - Dorothy Parker)

5 out of 7 admins agree, GREAT RACK! angrymissy gives me half a rod angrymissy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi View Post
    I knew people that were above a "McJob" because they said unemployment was paying them more than that kind of job would. Fine, I get that.

Now they lost their unemployment and still refuse to consider a fast food job. I can't figure that math out. $7.00/hour (or whatever they'll pay you) is better than $0.00/hour right?
    My brother is looking for a PT job while he is in college, and can't even get hired for fast food or retail right now.

WAAAAA I want to set my own user title WAAAAAAAAAA blacknoi gives me half a rod blacknoi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angrymissy View Post
    My brother is looking for a PT job while he is in college, and can't even get hired for fast food or retail right now.
    There's a lot of seasonal help jobs I see around me, like Toys R Us stockboys or Halloween stores or whatever. That might be something to have him look into and meanwhile, keep looking for something full time.

I blow Goat for fun styckx is an unfunny cunt styckx is an unfunny cunt styckx's Avatar

I'd rather be broke then work in a ToysRUs during Christmas season. Fuck that all to hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPeach View Post
    Only a dumb ass goes to war without any soldiers.

fuck me, it's gonna be awesome! Lil almost gives me a woody Lil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blacknoi View Post

I feel like I'm living in McWorld here.

Kyle is 16, works at mcd's and makes $10/hr..his part time hours are always minimum 25/week...the shit has more spending money than I do after paying bills and feeding him. Students don't pay income tax, he has tops $5 off a cheque. They are great at having student employees and working hours around school.

Kat works there as well, but full time as asst mgr making really good money for a 20 yr old and has full benefits.

Kat's roommate works for them as well, was managing 2, where she make almost 6 figures, company car, whole 9. She just got a promotion into the main office making more.

I don't know about there, but here working at mcd's rules. They even have wii's, ps3's, and plasma tv's in the break rooms. Last year kat won a wii and an ipod at the christmas party.

(8:09 PM) BostonIdol: <--- Hetero
    (8:09 PM) BostonIdol: ^^ post that in your sig plz, cuz those ftb guys are so hot, ya know?
    SinFiction: got a cock in your mouth or can you talk?
    SinFiction: your the only person I have to ask that to

I agree with BirdyPimp. SinFiction has disabled reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    I feel like I'm living in McWorld here.

Kyle is 16, works at mcd's and makes $10/hr..his part time hours are always minimum 25/week...the shit has more spending money than I do after paying bills and feeding him. Students don't pay income tax, he has tops $5 off a cheque. They are great at having student employees and working hours around school.

Kat works there as well, but full time as asst mgr making really good money for a 20 yr old and has full benefits.

Kat's roommate works for them as well, was managing 2, where she make almost 6 figures, company car, whole 9. She just got a promotion into the main office making more.

I don't know about there, but here working at mcd's rules. They even have wii's, ps3's, and plasma tv's in the break rooms. Last year kat won a wii and an ipod at the christmas party.
    White people don't work at McDonald's here. They also don't pay non managers $10 an hour.

I blow Goat for fun NorfCal gives me half a rod NorfCal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SinFiction View Post
    White people don't work at McDonald's here. They also don't pay non managers $10 an hour.
    That's canadian money, think of it as $2.89/hr

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Shit View Post
    Im high as fuck and them niggers next door anit toin shit to bother me. pecea fuckerts.