+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Never Forget

Syd

Quote Originally Posted by bill View Post
    I decided to look at some youtube and one of the first I see is this, fucking dispicable http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEuJimaumW4
    If you look at it from the outside in, most of the truther videos expose how unbelievably flawed the responses were. With Giuliani talking of the towers going down, supposedly most of the engineers that had seen it had figured the structures would crumble to some extent. Unfortunately word wasn't able to get out about that, or any sort of consensus for it.

For the most part until the videos start railing against "THE JEWS" they're pretty interesting to look at. They bring up points and call them a conspiracy when it is just shit that was so utterly fucked up that no one really had any idea how to handle. Sort of infuriating that people think the Bush administration was to blame for it when the problems existed from top to bottom.

styckx

The WTC7 truthers are worse then the truthers about the towers themselves. They act like WTC7 was untouched w/ a fresh coat of wax on it after the towers collapsed. Even though any moron who can use google can see pics of the damage that building took.

I AGREE WITH TITS. okh looks fantastic in assless chaps okh looks fantastic in assless chaps okh looks fantastic in assless chaps okh looks fantastic in assless chaps okh looks fantastic in assless chaps okh looks fantastic in assless chaps okh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deadair Doug View Post
    jeeze, how long were you there?
    From about 20 minutes after the first plane struck to the following January.

whiteboard

Unless a person was personally involved, and even if they where just move on. Shit happens, and guarengoddamedteed the worst is yet to come.

I AGREE WITH TITS. okh looks fantastic in assless chaps okh looks fantastic in assless chaps okh looks fantastic in assless chaps okh looks fantastic in assless chaps okh looks fantastic in assless chaps okh looks fantastic in assless chaps okh's Avatar

I sure will. Thanks for the speech.

bill

Quote Originally Posted by whiteboard View Post
    Unless a person was personally involved, and even if they where just move on. Shit happens, and guarengoddamedteed the worst is yet to come.

Shut up.

coffee's for closers only. Goatweed is just really a ruthless motherfucker Goatweed is just really a ruthless motherfucker Goatweed is just really a ruthless motherfucker Goatweed is just really a ruthless motherfucker Goatweed's Avatar

"personally involved" can have several meanings though. From a certain viewpoint all of NYC was personally involved.

Point

To watch Jews is to see the world clearly PeterDragon makes my cock rock hard PeterDragon makes my cock rock hard PeterDragon makes my cock rock hard PeterDragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goatweed View Post
    "personally involved" can have several meanings though. From a certain viewpoint all of NYC was personally involved.
    yes.

I wasn't as directly involved as OKH, (no one here was I think)
    but It still affected me. I worked in that building often- I still have my WTC badge somewhere. We had guys across the street at 30 W.Broadway during the event, and even though Cell service went out the Nextel direct worked, and I was in touch with our guys who were describing what they saw. We were trying to coordinate getting those guys out of there, and had no idea how. One of our guys 16 yr old sons was at Stuyvesent HS just across the street, and he couldnt contact him for over 24 hrs. I had several friends who worked rescue, and one died since, possibly from exposure.

simple little things in the next few days were disturbing. I live near JFK airport, and it was silent - until you heard the fighters flying overhead. Long Beach LI suddenly saw the appearance of battle ships.

and all of this is minimal compared with those who saw the tragedy, or suffered direct losses.

bill

I think to a point anyone that got on a plane for at least that 1st yr after felt involved personally. Up until that point you had to worry about crashes or getting hihjacked for a guy to get a ride to Cuba. I have a lot of respect for those that personally involved themselves that day.

The night of September 12th, Outback sent shitloads of food to the site for the rescue and recovery people. There was one girl that was about 19 or 20 standing at West Street in front of the Amex building, I think it's Liberty Street, blowing dust off the burgers she was holding with a look in her eyes like she was ready to break.But she hung in there because she thought it was more important that we get something to eat. She had to be there because while ever cell in her body was telling her to break and run, her heart told her to be there.

THAT'S a fucking hero. The rest of us were doing our jobs.

To watch Jews is to see the world clearly PeterDragon makes my cock rock hard PeterDragon makes my cock rock hard PeterDragon makes my cock rock hard PeterDragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeterDragon View Post
    yes.

when did today become Patriots Day?
    I think that's a poor decision. It is a day of remembrance and tragedy. Leave it at that.
    Ronnie B cleared this up.

the holiday is to celebrate the Boston Patriots.

lamby

Quote Originally Posted by okh View Post
    The night of September 12th, Outback sent shitloads of food to the site for the rescue and recovery people. There was one girl that was about 19 or 20 standing at West Street in front of the Amex building, I think it's Liberty Street, blowing dust off the burgers she was holding with a look in her eyes like she was ready to break.But she hung in there because she thought it was more important that we get something to eat. She had to be there because while ever cell in her body was telling her to break and run, her heart told her to be there.

THAT'S a fucking hero. The rest of us were doing our jobs.
    see what i mean about being maudlin? jesus christ, enough

Wally Wordsmith Deadair Doug is a useless waste of life Deadair Doug's Avatar

its always those scrappy ones that have to do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil
    Stinkjizz is back.

He is God.

FREDDY DREK

I'll never forget the smell. The stench of death traveled for miles and lasted for days (weeks really). That was creepy.

FTB gives me anal without lube Snot gives me half a rod

Quote Originally Posted by FREDDY DREK View Post
    I'll never forget the smell. The stench of death traveled for miles and lasted for days (weeks really). That was creepy.
    Oh man.. iknow.. Fred im not sure where in NYC you are but by me in flushing you could smell that stench for miles!!

coffee's for closers only. Goatweed is just really a ruthless motherfucker Goatweed is just really a ruthless motherfucker Goatweed is just really a ruthless motherfucker Goatweed is just really a ruthless motherfucker Goatweed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FREDDY DREK View Post
    the smell lingered in downtown for at least a month, probably more. I even went so far as to wear a mask to work. It was creepy because it was a burnt smell that I've never ever smelled before, and considering what happened you wondered just what the hell was in the air.

The one thing about my commute that I loved was seeing the skyline - since seeing plane #2 hit on that day to seeing a skyline without the towers, I don't even look anymore.

7 years, it doesn't seem like it.

bill

The one thing about my commute that I loved was seeing the skyline - since seeing plane #2 hit on that day to seeing a skyline without the towers, I don't even look anymore.

See thats what makes me think this is something that will never be forgotten, just like the guys who survived Normandy..its something that never left them. It was bad enough to see the news replay the 2nd plane over and over and over and over again, I could never fathom seeing it as close as you describe.

FTB gives me anal without lube Snot gives me half a rod

the smell lingered in downtown for at least a month, probably more. I even went so far as to wear a mask to work. It was creepy because it was a burnt smell that I've never ever smelled before, and considering what happened you wondered just what the hell was in the air.

I work over on the west side and they were actually thinking of using my job for a morgue cause we have a ice skating rink here..

Quote Originally Posted by Snot View Post
    I work over on the west side and they were actually thinking of using my job for a morgue cause we have a ice skating rink here..
    I remember there being talk of a mass-morgue being set up, or considered - that's probably what they meant. I'm down by the ferry and we heard they were using the ferries to move bodies and stuff across to SI, and there were military "units" set up by the dozens on the park across the street from here for months.

It was all very surreal - it still is, occasionally we'll see soldiers walking around with automatic weapons, no real emergency warnings but when you see those rifles you balls tend to pull up and in a little.